Terms of Service
Terms of Service
These Terms may be updated from time to time and Ayr Max Motel, encourages you to refer to these Terms regularly to ensure your compliance. The information on this website is for information purposes only. By continuing to use our web site you accept the terms and conditions of use as they apply from time to time.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws in force in Queensland, Australia and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia and any courts which may hear appeals from those courts in respect of any proceedings in connection with these terms and conditions or this website. Please note that while every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct and current, Ayr Max Motel does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness or suitability of any such information and make no warranty or representation about the content of this website.
- Payment in full for accommodation bookings will be required at check-in.
- Credit card details may be requested at check-in, but no debit will be incurred at this time and the transaction will be processed after your departure.
- PhotoID may on occasion be requested.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS: EFTPOS, Cash, Mastercard (nil surcharge), Visa (nil surcharge) or Direct Credit (contact reception for banking details).
- Unless agreed to in writing by motel Management, the full cost of 1 day’s accommodation for the required room/s shall be charged if less than 24 hours advance notice is given to motel Management of a cancellation or “no-show”.
- A cancellation fee not exceeding 10% of the full cost of 1 day’s accommodation for the required room/s may also be held against accommodation that is no longer required, if less than 24 hours advance notice is given to motel Management.
- In the instance of a part-cancellation, Management reserves the right to adjust any tariff that had been previously agreed upon based on the renewed number of bookings or total guest numbers.
- These monetary penalties may be waived at the discretion of motel Management.
- Credits can only be taken on direct bookings and excludes any bookings via online travel agents (Expedia, Wotif, Booking.com…etc.)
- Monies paid against a booking that has been cancelled as per the cancellation terms can be held in credit for a future booking.
- Credits are valid for 12 months from the date a booking was cancelled.
- Credits may be refundable for up to 12 months, if a refund was applicable at the time of cancellation. After this point any monies paid are forfeited to Ayr Max Motel.
- Refunds of deposits and fees paid are available from Ayr Max Motel, with all cancellations and/or refund requests being provided in writing.
- Where a deposit or prepayment is to be refunded, an administration fee not exceeding 5% of the deposit or prepayment may be charged.
Providing the necessary advance notice has been provided and you are able to receive a refund, any and all remaining deposit will be refunded either by:
- Credit Card: refunded to the same credit card that was used by the guest when paying the deposit or;
- EFT Transfer: refunded to the guest’s preferred bank account with all details (BSB, Account number & name) supplied by the Guest.
Check-in / Check-out
- RECEPTION HOURS: 8:00am – 8:00pm daily.
- CHECK-IN: After 2:00pm, unless by prior arrangement with, or at the discretion of motel Management
- CHECK-OUT: Before 10:00am, unless by prior arrangement with, or at the discretion of motel Management
- LATE ARRIVAL: If you anticipate arriving after 8:00pm, please contact our reception desk in advance, please advise in advance in case there are after hours instruction that you need to be provided with.
- All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult such as a parent or guardian. We reserve the right to cancel any reservation where this condition is not met.
- Pets are not permitted at the Motel, however disability support animals may be accepted at the discretion of management.
- We have a strict NO-SMOKING policy for ALL ROOMS. If the Manager detects smoke odour in a room, a $100.00 excess cleaning charge will be charged to the registered guest AND an additional daily room rate will be charged for the period of time a room is closed due to the smoke odour – please comply.
- Noise or disruption to other guests will NOT be tolerated. Management reserves the right to give at least one warning, before evicting non-complying guests, visitors or member of the public for anti-social behaviour/s, including, but not limited to: possession and/or use of illegal drugs, wilful damage to Ayr Max Motel property, theft, physical or verbal abuse of staff, other guests or authorised public and offers no refunds.
- All monies or other valuables belonging to you and brought onto the property remain your sole responsibility. Ayr Max Motel will not accept responsibility for damage or loss of any article left in the room and no claim or legal action may be taken against Ayr Max Motel, or its staff, for any damage or loss.
- All items in the rooms are the property of Ayr Max Motel and any items taken from the rooms will be charged to your account at the replacement cost. Likewise ALL damage to rooms, not reasonably considered to be usual “wear and tear”, will be repaired and charged to your account. A date-stamped photographic record of missing items and damage shall be taken and kept by Management, as proof of evidence. Keys are to be returned to reception on departure, unless by prior arrangement with Management. Unreturned keys will be charged at $30.00 per key.
- While we do our best to accommodate a preferred room number, this can not be guaranteed.
- All guests are advised that if there is an issue with their room, please inform our reception as soon as possible for us to help you.
Risk Warnings & Management
Ayr Max Motel management wish to warn all persons who engage in any activity for recreation, enjoyment, leisure or relaxation on or near the Motel grounds, that the pursuit of such activities involves the risk of harm or serious personal injury including death, drowning, head, eye or spinal injury, paralysis, broken limbs or strains. Prior to undertaking any such activity, all occupants, guests or other persons should ensure and be satisfied that they are aware of all risks involved, including those risks associated with any pre-existing health condition.
Such activities and facilities are varied and may include: swimming pools and water activities; operation of vehicles, plant and equipment; sporting and children’s activities; exercise and gym equipment; interaction with wildlife; trips, falls and collisions including interaction with other guests and their property; walking or running over uneven surfaces and grounds, tiled surfaces and wet areas which may result in slips, trips or falls; walking in unlit/poorly lit areas which may require a person to provide and carry a torch or other form of lighting; activities with exposure to the natural environment (flora & fauna) including the risk of falling tree limbs.
All persons who engage in recreational activities do so at their own risk. Children and infants must be supervised by an adult at all times. By entering the Motel it is accepted that all activities including recreational activities are not free of risk and that management is not liable for any loss, damage or injury arising from such activities. On entry, it is also agreed that management, owners, employees or agents are indemnified against all claims for injury, loss, damage or theft of property.
Swimming pools and water activities
Use of swimming pools and associated facilities may result in serious personal injury including death, drowning, head, eye or spinal injury, paralysis, broken limbs, strains or lacerations. Flips, somersaults and inverted manoeuvres into the water are dangerous and carry significant potential and harmful risk to the individual and to those close by to the active participant/s and are not endorsed by and discouraged by Ayr Max Motel management. Other risks include diving head first, slips, trips, falls, running on wet surfaces and not providing adequate supervision to children.
Website Conditions of Use
Ayr Max Motel is not responsible to you for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred by you as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in relation to this website. You should not place reliance on the information contained in this website where such reliance may result in loss, damage or injury. Ayr Max Motel excludes, to the extent permitted by law, any liability (including, without limitation, liability in negligence) which may arise as a result of your use of this website, its content or the information in it. Ayr Max Motel is not responsible to you for any other websites you may link to from this website. Links to other websites are provided for convenience only and are beyond the control of Ayr Max Motel. Those sites may not be current or maintained. Ayr Max Motel does not warrant or endorse the information contained on those other websites. Ayr Max Motel will not be responsible for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred by you in accessing or attempting to access those other websites.
Material on this website is owned by, or licensed to Ayr Max Motel. Material owned by Ayr Max Motel is subject to copyright and our authorisation is required prior to reproduction, storage or transmission of the material, unless otherwise indicated. Should you require further information not contained on this website, a specific enquiry should be made to Ayr Max Motel to obtain verified information from an authorised staff member of Ayr Max Motel. If you believe that information on this website is incorrect, inaccurate or misleading, please contact us at:
- Email Ayr Max Motel or;
- Phone Ayr Max Motel (+61 7 4783 2033) or;
- Ayr Max Motel, 4 Edwards Street, AYR QLD, 4807.
Last updated July 2022