We are committed to protecting your personal information, and ensuring its privacy, accuracy and security.
We handle your personal information in a responsible manner in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
You do not have to provide us with your personal information. However, if you do not, we may not be able to conduct business with you.
Use of your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To manage your reservation and booking.
- To manage your stay at our motel.
- To improve our services including to better understand your needs and requests and to tailor our products and services to better suit your desires.
- To send you emails, newsletters, promotions and marketing material about available offers or to contact you by telephone, with your permission.
- To secure and improve your use of our services.
- To comply with any obligations imposed on us by law.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect information from you which is:
- General information: this is information which is anonymous data that we use to analyse trends for general use and to help us understand the needs of our customers so that we can improve the quality of your stay with us. General information includes the number of room nights booked and used, where guests are from, room rates, age, gender, purpose of travel and whether the booking is made by telephone, through a booking agency or through our website and services used by guests during their stay at our hotel.
- Personal information: Personal Information is any information that personally identifies you such as your name, age and date of birth, home address, contact telephone numbers and email address, your driver’s licence and/or passport, your credit card details, your company name if the travel is for business purposes, your car registration number and how the account will be settled. We may obtain from you room preferences, disabilities or other lifestyle information. While staying with us, we may record the number of times you have stayed, third party bookings which we arrange at your request such as tours and other information you supply to us. Personal information may be collected from you if you make an enquiry by telephone, email, via our website, when you make a reservation or at the time of check in or check out or as a result of your dealings with us during your stay at our hotel. Personal information may be collected from a partner organisation, booking agency, a tour operator or an internet reservation system to whom you have provided your Personal Information to make a booking at our hotel. Ayr Max Motel uses social media to communicate with guests and the public at large. Any information which you disclose to Ayr Max Motel through social media may be collected by Ayr Max Motel. We may also collect Personal Information from you if the law requires us to collect that information.
In order to provide you with our services, we keep track of how you interact with links. This includes links in emails we send you and links that appear on our website.
Keeping your personal information secure
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Such steps include:
- (i) physical security over paper-based and electronic data storage and premises;
- (ii) computer and network security measures, including use of firewalls, password access and secure servers. We store all guest information in our Property Management System which is fully encrypted and secure;
- (iii) restricting access to your personal information to employees and those acting on our behalf who are authorised and on a ‘need to know’ basis;
- (iv) retaining your personal information for no longer than it is reasonably required, unless we are required by law to retain it for longer; and
- (v) entering into confidentiality agreements with staff and third parties.
- (vi) Destruction and de-identification of personal information.
Where we no longer require your personal information, including where we are no longer required by law to keep records relating to you, we will ensure that it is de-identified or destroyed.
Links to other websites
Sensitive information is information about your origin, beliefs, membership, sexual preferences or health. In ordinary circumstances, Ayr Max Motel does not collect sensitive information other than information that identifies any memberships that you have.
Ayr Max Motel will not collect sensitive information from you without your consent. If we collect sensitive information from you, we will disclose to you the reason for seeking it.
Sharing and Dealing with your Personal Information
If you provide Personal Information to us, we will only use or disclose that information for the purposes of our business unless:
- You consent to the use or disclosure of your Personal Information; or
- You would reasonably expect that we will use or disclose your Personal Information for that purpose as, for example, making a booking on your behalf with an external service provider; or
- As otherwise required by law or permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
You can object to us using your Personal Information as described in this Policy, however, if you do, Ayr Max Motel may not be able to provide you with the service requested or only on conditions such as, for example, requiring a cash deposit or bond if you do not wish to provide your credit card details to our hotel.
You may request that you do not receive direct marketing communications from us. If you make a request, we will respond to that request as soon as reasonably practicable.
You may request that your Personal Information is not provided to any partner organisations.
How you can access, correct or delete your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and current, however, we rely on you to advise us of any changes or corrections to the information we retain about you.
If you consider that the information we retain about you is not accurate, complete or current, or if your information has changed, please inform us as soon as practicable. You may request access to the personal information we retain about you by contacting us. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time. We will provide you with access to the information we retain about you unless otherwise permitted or required by law. If we deny you access to the information, we will notify you of the basis for the denial, unless an exception applies.
Where reasonable and practicable, we will provide access to the information we retain about you in the manner you request. No fee applies for requesting access to information we retain about you, however we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee where we do provide access.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or dated, you may request that we update or correct your information by contacting us. We will oblige your request within a reasonable time period.
If we do not agree with the corrections you have requested (for example, we consider that the information is already accurate, current, complete, relevant and not misleading), we are not required to make the requested corrections, however where we refuse to do so, we will provide written notice establishing the reasons.
Access to your personal information can be obtained by:-
- Email Ayr Max Motel or;
- Ayr Max Motel, 4 Edwards Street, AYR QLD, 4807.
Anonymity and pseudo anonymity
If you wish to stay in our hotel on an anonymous basis, we may be able to accommodate your request but we cannot guarantee it.You will not be able to make a booking in advance.
At the time of check in, if you do not wish to provide credit card details, you must pay for the cost of your stay in full in advance and you will be required to pay in cash a bond on account of services or facilities that are provided to you during your stay at our motel. The cash bond will be refunded to you on your departure provided that your room is left in good order and you have paid for all services supplied by our hotel and there are no other outstanding liabilities.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from or target individuals under the age of 18. If you are a parent or legal guardian and know of or have reason to believe your child/ren under the age of 18 has/have provided us with personal information without your permission, please contact us at your earliest convenience.
- Email Ayr Max Motel or;
- Phone Ayr Max Motel (+61 7 4783 2033) or;
- Ayr Max Motel, 4 Edwards Street, AYR QLD, 4807.
If you have a complaint
Australian Privacy Principles
Last updated July 2022